|Prairie County Health Department|
|Tylene Eaton||Health Nurse|
|203 South Logan Avenue|
|PO Box 202 Terry, MT 59349-0202|
24 hour contact number for reporting health emergencies: 406-778-8101 (connects to Baker Dispatch, which will contact the Prairie County Health Nurse)
Health Department Programs and Services
- Blood pressure and vital sign screening
- Home visits, medication setup
- Personal Home Care CNA, for those over 60 yrs. of age or disabled
- Homemaker cleaning assistance, for those over 60 yrs. of age or disabled
- Limited transportation services to congregate meals and healthcare services, for those over 60 yrs. of age or disabled
- Environmental Health
- Communicable Disease Surveillance
- Well Child Clinic
- School nursing
- Maternal Child Health
- Emergency preparedness
- Senior Companion Program
- Senior Commodity Program
Checked twice a month at the Senior Center. Please call the Prairie County Health nurse for times. Well Child Clinic
Call 635-5863 for appointment.
Health Care Equipment
Walkers, crutches, wheelchairs, toileting equipment, safety devises, child car seat, portable crib can be borrowed from the health department.
Senior Commodity Program
A food box to help income eligible senior citizens balance their diets, Call the Senior Center to apply. These are given out each month or twice every two months.
Communicable Disease Surveillance
Prairie County Health Department is responsible for surveillance and follow-up of communicable diseases that affect the county. Health care providers, laboratories and veterinarians are required by law to report communicable disease to the health department and the health department is required to follow up to assure that proper treatment and containment procedures are put into place. All reports of communicable disease are confidential.